This weekend, the Cedar Park Public Library is holding a Edible Book Contest.
An edible book is a food-based creation that depicts a fictional or non-fictional literary work or literary character. It can look like a book in form and shape, be inspired by a book or author, it can be a pun of a book title, it can reference a book character or reproduce a book cover.
Entries are due by 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, April 15. General admissions and voting will take place at 2 p.m. and winners will be announced at 3 p.m.
This event is for all ages.
The contest rules are as follows:
1. Each edible creation must depict a fictional or non-fictional literary work or literary character.
2. Each food creation must be at least 95 percent edible. Edible means made of food or foodstuffs, but it doesn’t have to taste good. The base can be no larger than 18x24. The creation will be without refrigeration so it must not be made of extremely perishable ingredients.
3. All entries must be delivered to the library between 1:15 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. this Saturday in order to be eligible for judging and prizes.
They may be picked up after 3 p.m.
4. An individual or group may enter up to two creations.
5. Entries will be judged on creativity and appearance, as well as recognizable representation of the literary book or character.
6. All entries must be family friendly.